Sunday 13 July 2008

Summer 2008

I love making plans and creating timetables. I also think I can do it pretty well. But I do suffer from being overly ambitious and keep stacking way too many tasks into relatively little amount of time. That is so often resulting in creating stressful situations, making it even harder to perform well. So, this summer I decided to take it easy. I was extremely busy for the past twelve months and had little to no rest. I lived, worked and studied in three countries after all. So what am I doing this summer? Quite a lot actually!

Summer work is pleasure
La vigne rouge by Vincent van Gogh

Three Step Personal Development Plan

First: I decided to learn more about people and issues related to my ambitions. Here my plan was to read biographies of the most renowned leaders and books concerned with areas of my professional interests. Ultimately, through this I hope to learn more about myself and define what is the meaning of “being successful”.

Second: I decided to broaden my perspectives by learning more about matters not usual for a typical business student. I started with: fashion, dance, cooking, and art. But I thought I should go even further and set upon practicing such trivial tasks such as hairstyling and ironing. The bottom line was: any new skill is progress. Progress means development. And I want to develop.

Third: I decided to become a member of the “I shouldn’t have” club. How does it work? It’s simple. Whenever there is an opportunity to do something, but I feel that it either “will not work” or that “ I can’t be bothered” etc., I just do it! No regrets allowed. I simply go for it, whatever it is.

But why?

In a series of future posts I will attempt to explain the particular motivations that were behind devising these three steps. I promise I will try to keep it interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment